Unlike many Scientology members, Leah Remini spent 3 decades starting from the age for 8 practicing a religion she later began to question. Many people are calling Leah’s openness, courageous in memoir Troublemaker: Surviving Hollywood and Scientology. However, Leah insists that she is not afraid for her family’s safety.
In the book, Leah reveals the amount of money she paid during her thirty plus years, “I spent close to $2 million for services and training, and donated roughly $3 million to church causes.” Along with Oscar-winning screenwriter, Paul Haggis, Leah confirms rumors of a jail center called the Rehabilitation Project Force. The church even tried to get J-Lo, best friend to Leah and who’s father was a Scientologist, to join the church. Leah’s shocking revelations in her new book makes inquiring minds want to learn more about this whole Scientology thing.
Troublemaker: Surviving Hollywood and Scientology already hit shelves but below are excerpts from her book that has some people’s eyes bulging. Certainly mine!
- The “Neglected Babies” at the Nursery: ” ‘Nursery’ was a charitable term for the motel room in the Quality Inn filled with cribs of crying, neglected babies, flies and the smell of dirty diapers. The only ventilation came from a huge fan by the window. This was where Sea Org members and staff dropped off their babies at seven in the morning and then picked them up at ten in the evening when their workday was over…The first time I went to the nursery I was devastated by what I found. The person in charge was a kid like me, just some random teenage Sea Org member on post, who was hardly qualified to be taking care of children. [Sister] Shannon was crying and soaked with urine in her crib.” [Page 30]
- Tom Cruise Doesn’t Like Prepackaged Cookie Dough…Or Chipped Mugs: “‘Get in the f–king present time, is what you need to do,’ he then screamed at his assistant. As he lit into her, I thought about the time a friend had mentioned to me that she witnessed him taking his assistant to task for giving him a chipped coffee mug. ‘You served me tea in a chipped mug? Do you know who gets served with a mug that’s chipped? F–king DBs,’ he said, using the initials for ‘Degraded Being,’ a term in Scientology that means degraded spiritual being. [Page 128]
- Suri Cruise Left Crying at Tom Cruise & Katie Holmes’ Wedding: “After about five minutes I headed to the bathroom to offer some help. When I opened the door, I found three women, including Tom’s sister and his assistant, standing over the baby, who was lying on the tile floor. I didn’t know if they were changing her diaper or what, but the three women were looking at her like they thought she was L. Ron Hubbard incarnate. Rather than talking to her in a soothing voice, they kept saying, ‘Suri! Suri!’ in a tone that sounded like they were telling an adult to get her s–t together.” [Page 139]
- Leah Remini’s Fight With Sharon Osbourne Over Dinner: While at dinner with her co-hosts of The Talk, Remini criticized Osbourne’s work demeanor, which resulted in a heated verbal confrontation, that started with Osbourne telling Remini, “‘The only reason you care is because you’re a loser, and you have nothing else going on in your life.’
‘Oh, did everybody hear that?’ I said, looking around at the table, where everyone else was dead quiet. ‘Honestly, Sharon, it would be in your best interest to just back it down.’
‘Or what?’ I said incredulously.
‘Or you’re going to get your low-life Mafia family after me?’
‘No. I’m going to take this iced tea that I’m holding in my hand and I’m going to crack it over your f–king head.'” [Page 167]
- Dancing With the Stars Drama Off-Camera: “There was so much more going on, however, off camera, including Tony being surveilled and followed by a car for two weeks. Maksim Chmerkovskiy, Kirstie Alley’s dance partner and friend from when she was on the show, was given the cold shoulder by Kirstie when she found out he had been at my house. Maks didn’t take it too hard.” [Page 216]
1,964 total views, 1 views today